Five Days Mount Kenya Climbing Narumoro Route
Day 1: Nairobi - Nanyuki
Depart Nairobi at seven o'clock and drive to Narumoro town as you enjoy the stunning slopes of mount Kenya arriving in time for lunch. As you have lunch the cook will be shopping for your food for the next five days. Spend the afternoon lavishing in the spectacular scenery of Mount Kenya, take a tour with your guide to the equator or opt for a walking safari. Dinner and over night at a hotel-booking in Narumoro.
Day 2: Nanyuki - Met station
After an early breakfast transfer to Narumoro Park gate and after park formalities begin your hike. Today you will be acclimatizing to steep altitude of 10,000 feet at the Meteorological Station. Dinner and over night at Met Station.
1950m - 3050m, 3 - 4 hours hike
Day 3: Met station - Mackinders camp
After breakfast begin the days hike up through the beautiful Teleki Valley to Mackinder's Camp at 14,000 feet. From the camp you can see the major peaks of the majestic Mount Kenya. Dinner and over night at Mackinders camp.
3050m - 4300m, 4 - 5 hours hike
Day 4: Mackinders - Point Lenana - Met Station
Wake up very early at 2:30am and have a light breakfast; coffee or tea with some bicuits, depart camp with the aim of summiting point lenana. Hike your way to piont lenana arriving in good time for a magnificent sun rise; after a photo session and scenery viewing begin descending to Mackinder's Camp for breakfast before descending further down to the Meteorological Station Lodge for your last overnight on the mountain. Dinner and over night at Met Station.
4300m - 4985m - 3050m
Day 5: Met Station - Nairob
After breakfast, descend down to Narumoro park gate; after formalities transfer back to Nairobi lunch en route arriving in the afternoon.
3050m - 1950m
End of services
- Camping Equipment
- Transport to and from the base of the mountain
- Fullboard Accommodation on the mountain
- Park Fees
- services of an english speaking guide, porters and a cook
- Rescue fee in case of an emergency
- H.F Radio Communication
- Hiking Equipments
- International air transportation to and from Nairobi
- Expenses of personal nature such as visas, travel/baggage insurance,laundry, beverages, tips etc
Required Hiking Equipments
- Sleeping Bag 15°C [4 seasons]
- Rain Trouser
- Rain Jacket [Poncho]
- Balaclava [Hat Woolen]
- Warm Clothes down jacket
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece Jacket
- Hiking Boots
- Walking Sticks
- Head Torch
- Ruck Suck 65L [Carried by porters]
- Day Pack 35 [For your personal effects]
NB:// - Mosquito nets are not required
- You only require bottled water on the 1st day. The rest of the days we usually boil or purify the water with purifing tablets and you just re fill your drinking bottles.
- Proper equipments are vital to safe and enjoyable trek.